Monday, March 12, 2012

Blake Shelton Concert :)




This past weekend we did something we have never done before- we went to a concert!! Not just any concert, but a Blake Shelton concert!! Ooooh man it was amazing!! We went with two of our friends, Nick and Taryn Bame. It was in Boise, so we headed up that afternoon. We got ready, went to dinner, and headed to the concert!! None of us had been to a concert before and let me tell you, what a great way to start out!! It was absolutely amazing! Dia Frampton opened for him. She was on his team for the show The Voice and was in the final two, so now she tours with him. I haven't really heard any of her music before, but she was SOO good. I will definitely be adding her to my music library. Also, Justin Moore opened. SOOO good!! I haven't heard a lot of his songs either...just a few, but still soooo good!! He seemed like he was super down to earth. Between most of his songs he was just thanking his fans, his family, and God for everything. I loved that about him. Then of course who we went to see.. Blake Shelton preformed!! SOOO amazing..haha I don't think I can say that enough! Between every singer they turned the lights back on and changed the stage, then when the next person was coming on they would dim the lights so everyone kind of knew. Well, before Blake Shelton came on they had been working on the stage and the lights dimmed. So everyone started to get super excited. Then they started to play his wife, Miranda Lambert's song, Baggage Claim. (a little side note....I love love love Miranda Lambert!! and I told Colton before we went that if she was there, it would just make that SOOOO much more amazing that it was already going to be.) So naturally when this song comes on and then lights are dim, everyone, ESPECIALLY me, thought that she was coming out to sing!! I was FREAKING out! haha Well, she never came out! haha they just played her song with the lights dim and then Blake came out! It was seriously the coolest!! We had some pretty good seats too! We didn't get floor seats because they were all sold out, but we were just in the section off the floor, like 7 ish rows back. They had a long part, kind of like a run way, that came off the front of the stage. According to Colton, we were about 80 feet from the end of that runway. So, for not being super close, we were still pretty close!! Such a fun weekend and we will definitely be attending a concert again..and hopefully soon!! And I even got some new boots for this!! :) Colton is convinced I won't wear them very much, but I am going to prove him wrong. They are just too cute to sit in my closet collecting dust.


As we were walking in, we found Blake waiting outside for us! :) Had to take a picture with him! 
Waiting for the concert to start :) 
Justin Moore- right in the middle. 
Blake Shelton!! :) Sooo great!
He sat right out in front and sang a few of her older songs without the band. Just him and his guitar.
After the concert, with Nick and Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment